Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, May 20, 2011

More Fun With Paint and Mod Podge!

Hello Ladies,
Hope you've had a good week! Today I wanted to share with you my latest "drab to fab" makeovers!  I guess you could say that is a specialty of mine!  Like so many of you ladies, I am forever on the hunt for the sad, homely, and tired looking stuff that I can transform into something new and pretty!
 Here is a glimpse of the "after", above. 
 And here is the "before"!  Note the lovely faux woodgrain?  Yikes!  I was so very excited when I found this tray while out thrifting last week.  Not because of what she used to look like!  Oh, no.  But, excited because I just knew that she had hidden potential!
So, with the addition of some bright and cheery aqua paint, and this beautiful rose and doily design which I decoupaged, I think she has made quite the transformation!  I found the pretty rose design, which is a copy of vintage wallpaper, over at The Graphics Fairy.  Don't you just love it?

I also really love the pretty metalwork design on the sides, and the cute little ball feet.  I think she is much happier now!

And, to coordinate with the tray, I also transformed these:
 Into these!!!
 Using the same aqua paint and the pretty rose and doily design, you would never guess that these are the same plaques!  I found four of these vintage syroco type plaques while out thrifting (I still need to makeover the other two), and I think the young girl checking me out surely must have thought that I'd lost it!
 I can almost hear them breathing a sigh of relief!
 I'm putting these, as well as the tray, in my Etsy shop, if you care to look!
Now, I'm off to find something else I can paint!
Have a great weekend!
As as reminder, if you are a current follower, be sure to enter my French themed giveaway here
I'm linking up with the following great parties:
Funky Junk Interiors SNS
Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday 
Boogieboard Cottage Masterpiece Monday 
The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that you'd listed that tray on Etsy, earlier. I LOVE it!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

turned out great!

BECKY said...

Wow Donna! These came out soooo cute! So wonderfully cottage, too!

Hope you have a great weekend! I am off to check out your giveaway!!
Hugs,
Becky

Leo said...

Gorgeous - love the vibrant aqua. Looks so pretty. I gotta get to your Etsy Shop soon!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Our treehouse might need a few of your goodies. That tray is just too divine!!

ArtfullyJune said...

Funny, I found four of the same diamond frames today!

I don't remember the pattern as they are still in the car and I've seen them with a few different pictures inside. I never really pay attention to what is inside as I know it won't be there for long.

Nice to know you are still finding lots of items to makeover.

The Bear's Blog said...

Beautiful.

Hugs

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I love the tray and the pictures. I've passed up those trays thinking paint wouldn't stick to that faux wood...I've learned something today!!!
Love the makeovers!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, these are fabulous, Donna!! So, so beautiful and tres chic!!!
XO
Cindy

Anonymous said...

the aqua is so pretty and love the wallpaper addition...charming. :)

Allyson McGuire said...

These are adorable! So much more fun this way!

Thanks for sharing
Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

Love what you have done here! Gorgeous! I love Agua and Turquoise. Such happy colors!
Thanks for sharing at Funky Junk Interiors

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I don't think I've seen a tray like that with the wood grain! You made it so much better. Love that color paint. Looks so happy now :)

The Joyful Thrifter said...

I just found your blog, and you have wonderful treasures all over!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

So cute and cheerful!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It is amazing what a little paint can do. I bet the cashier thought you had awful decorating sense. HA! Great makeovers! Best wishes, Tammy

Terri said...

You have truly made this tray fabulous! I love the metal work too, and the paint seems to have taken beautifully to it. The rose design is perfect for the tray as well as the plaques. They also look fab. Well done!
Hugs,
Terri

Erin said...

Awesome transformations Donna!!!