Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bed Crowns

Bon jour, Mon Amis!
Nothing adds a touch of French Country flair to a bedroom quite like a bed crown.  I've always loved the look, and there are so many wonderful (and inexpensive!) ways that you can create one for your own bed!  For the inspiration here today, I visited bhg.com and Pinterest, both of which have some amazing ideas.  I really love the iron bed crown in the photo above.  The addition of the white sheers makes it even more romantic and feminine, I think!
This bed crown is truly fit for royalty!  I'm in love with the crown print  hanging between the curtains.
More dreamy romance!
The bedroom below looks straight out of the French country side, don't you think?  I love the addition of the small mirror hanging above the bed, and of course that chandelier is tres chic!  I especially adore the curtain treatment hanging from the bed crown.  I think with a bit of sewing skills (which I am sadly lacking in!) and some inexpensive fabric remnants, or even sheets, you could easily recreate this look!
Now this is something that I've not seen before.  Rounded curtain rods have been hung at the windows, creating the look of bed crowns.  How pretty!
Ok, sorry for the blurry shot below!  I took this photo when hubby and I toured the Chateau Fontainebleau a few years ago.  The chateau is just right outside of Paris, and is every bit as awe inspiring as the much more crowded Versailles.  Can you imagine waking up in this every morning?
I recently painted this pretty metal shelf a pretty heirloom white.  While its original purpose is a wall shelf, I think that flipped upside down and mounted on the wall above a bed, it would make a stunning bed crown!  I really love the scalloped border, and the punched out design.
Right now it's in my Etsy shop, where I currently am having a 25% off everything sale!  We are moving cross country in a few short weeks, and I need to downsize!  I'm not advertising this sale in my shop, just here for you.  All you need to do is add the following code upon checkout to receive your discount:  blogger25

I'm linking up with Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Be sure to visit!
Bon Soir!

15 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Donna,
Love all the bedrooms you shared with us!!! What a great idea turning the shelf upside down and using it as a crown.
Are you excited about going back to Mich? I have been missing T.C. and I hope to visit in July
I hope you are doing well!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm totally speechless! I'm in love with ever single crown. OMGOSH!

xoRebecca

Musings from Kim K. said...

So many pretty ideas. I always enjoy pucs from your paris trip too. We hung a sheer curtain behind our bed and have twinkle lights behind the curtain. A feather wreath hangs down from the rod. It's my little shabby attempt and my husband doesn't mind the mood lighting. Hugs.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

The crowns are great! Fitting for all us Princess

Bente said...

I love them all. The crowns is so beautiful.

Hugs

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oooh la la! So sophisticated and beautiful! Each room is fit for a queen. I'm catching up on your posts, Donna, and am happy to hear you are moving back home to Michigan. And you'll be driving in comfort & style - wow, that RV looks fabulous!
I look forward to hearing more.
Take care,
Susan

Tete said...

Love them. How's the packing going? Are ya ready to head home??? LOL
What a crazy life you lead, girl. I need to go in and check out your sale!

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

LOve them.. I need a bed crown:)
~Cheryl

momto8 said...

so beautiful! everyone!!! thanks or the great pictures.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
good luck with your move!

Barbara Jean said...

gorgeous post!!

blessings
barbara jean

Cindy Adkins said...

Ohhh la la! They are ALL gorgeous and I love your creation...It is the perfect bedcrown...You are SO talented!!

I hope you are having a good weekend. (I am writing like crazy.)

I haven't blogged in so long that I didn't know that blogger changed templates on us!

I had to go re-do ALL my tutorials...Unreal!
Love everything here!!!
XOXO
Cindy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are all such wonderful inspiration photos, Donna! I love them all! You must be really busy getting ready for the move...it always seems to come up quickly! Thanks so much for stopping by my Bachman's posts!

Debbie said...

Such wonderful photos, Donna!
Are you ready for your move?
How will you get your plane home?
I sure hope it's warmer by the time you get here!
Have a great weekend.
xxoo

Unknown said...

I need help.. I have always wanted a crown over my bed.. No sure how it should go. Need help

Unknown said...

I need help.. I have always wanted a crown over my bed.. No sure how it should go. Need help